Here are some things that you’ll need to know before starting the search for your new home:
- The Exclusive Buyer Brokerage Agreement (required by Georgia law if you desire to be a buyer client) is the contract between us that makes our handshake legal.
- Before we start our in-depth search you should speak with your mortgage lender to secure a mortgage that meets your financial goals and objectives. They will give you a Loan Pre-Approval Letter positioning you as a “cash buyer” and saving you time and energy in the home-buying process. The pre-approval letter also tells me what price range we need to stay within, the type of loan secured, the mortgage loan to value (LTV), and the approved interest rate. If you don’t already have a relationship with a lender I can refer you to a customer-focused mortgage company.If you are paying cash, please have your financial institution provide you with written verification of available funds to purchase. Having either of these documents strengthens your negotiating position when presenting an offer to the Seller. They will view you as a cash Buyer.
- Buying your new home can be fun and the fun starts here. Once you decide you want me as your Exclusive Buyer’s Agent, we will get together to do an “Assessment of Your Specific Housing Requirements” – and that’s much more fun than it sounds. You get to use your creativity to develop three lists that will be used in your search criteria
- The MUST HAVE List – These are the things that are non-negotiable requirements for your new home. Things like number of bedrooms and bathrooms, architectural design of the home, location, etc.
- The LIKE TO HAVE List – Have some fun thinking of the things you’d like your new home to have, but they’re not deal-breakers.
- The DREAM List – Let your imagination run wild. Need I say more?
I will start a comprehensive, tailored search for the home of your dreams and email you information on properties that meet your criteria. After reviewing them, just let me know which ones you would like to see and I’ll make all the arrangements to view them.
Once you have selected the property and the contract is negotiated and accepted, I will assist you through every phase of the process up through and beyond closing. During the process you will also be able to login at this web site for up-to-date information about what’s going on with your transaction.
I am available to assist you Monday through Saturday.